For the longest time in life, I have been using Body cream available from the local store. I have been satisfied with it until recently, I feel the quality of the product is not the same as it use to be a couple of years back. I decide to take control and started to do some research, and what I learned shocked me !!
Most of the body butter and creams available over the counter have chemicals which not only harms you but also have an adverse impact on people around. If you do not trust, check out this petition!! trending on the net asking the big player to make their products Organic. These are big corps and it takes time for changes to happen here, if at all they will !! this pumped me even more to try out my own body butter, Just like you, I have never thought I could ever make my own body butter, trust me it’s not that difficult or impossible as you think !! It might be little overwhelming at first, but once you make up your mind to try it, you will be very proud of yourself.
That being said, let’s get started with the recipe. Below are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe:
- Shea Butter: According to WikiHow, it contains ingredients like Omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids, vitamin E, and magnesium.
- Mango Butter: Contains essential fatty acids, omega- 6 which improves blood circulation on the skin and hence keeps your skin glowing and youthful.
- Coconut Oil: It is an antioxidant that helps repair and build tissue.
- Vitamin E Oil: It helps reduce inflammation and repair damaged skin due to sun damage.
- Almond Oil: It nourishes your skin, and keeps with moisturized and treats skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema
- Castor Oil: Creates and antibacterial shield on the skin
- Cedar Wood Oil: It acts as an antiseptic and reduces inflammation
- Lavender Oil: It has calming properties which help with insomnia and other sleep-related disorders
- Ylang Ylang Oil: It promotes healthy and glowing skin
- OakMoss Oil: Helps maintain oil balance in your skin and keep it youthful and glowing
In a glass bowl take almost equal quantity of Mango, Shea, and Organic Coconut oil and heat it over a double boiler until all the butter melt. Now to this mixture add about 10 ml each of Vitamin E, Almond, and Castor Oil and mix well.
Now add about 10 drops of each Ceder Wood, Lavender, Ylang – Ylang and Oak Moss Oil, mix well and keep this mixture in the fridge to cool until it just starts to solidify.
Once to you the mixture out of the fridge, it should be in a semi-solid state and ready for mixing. Take a hand mixture or any other mixture of your choice and start beating it until it becomes nice and fluffy. After mixing for about 5-10 mins you will notice that that mixture has turned fluffy. Store it in a clean dry container and use it every morning to nourish your skin !!
Congratulations, you have successfully made your own Organic fluffy body butter !!
If you not the reader types – then check out this Video !!