Went to the Pool the other day and have become a Prune?…Here are some tips that might give you some respite!!
Summer is already here, and it is time to hang out by the pool and relax !! But are you faced with the Dilemma of going out, enjoying vs protecting your skin from tanning and potential sun damage?
There are some instant options like bleaching sessions and chemical loaded tan removal creams, but they come with a heavy price to pay. They leave your skin damaged and wrinkle prone.
In this post, I will share top 13 household remedies for tan removal and skin rejuvenations!!
NOTE: These are all organic and herbal methods, they might take some time to show results. Please be patient and persistent while using these methods.
- Lemon Juice: Rub lemon juice over the affected area and leave it on for 5-10 minutes to dry. Wash it off with cold water.
Why it works: Lemon Juice is acidic and it acts as skin lightening and tightening agent.
- Potato and Lemon Juice: Mix equal quantity of Potato and Lemon Juice, apply this mixture to the affected area of your skin. Leave it to dry for about 15-20 minutes. wash the area with cold water.
Why it works: Potato juice is a skin lightening agent as well as helps in removal of tan.Lemon is a bleaching agent and removes dead skin.
- Milk and Turmeric: Mix 2 tablespoons of Turmeric and add 1 tablespoon of milk and make it into a thick paste. Apply this paste to the affected area and let it dry for 30 minutes. Wash it off with water once it dries out.
Why it works: Milk helps in reducing pigmentation, heals dry skin and hydrates it.Turmeric has antibacterials properties, heals skin and is a beauty enhancer. A combination of these two is a mild, gentle and effective recipe for tan removal.
- Yogurt and Honey: Add 2 tablespoons of Yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey and mix it well. Apply this mixture generously to your skin and rinse off with water once it dries out.
Why it works: Yogurt is a strong anti-tanning agent as it contains natural enzymes. Honey, on the other hand, provides a balance and keeps your skin soft and hydrated.
- Lemon Juice, Rose Water, and Cucumber: Make a solution of 1 table of each of these. Apply this solution to the affected area and let me dry. Once it is dry then rinse it off with cool water.
Why it works: Lemon Juice acts as a natural bleaching agent, Rose water and Cucumber will soothe the damaged skin and keep it cool.
- Gram Flour, Turmeric, and Milk: If you running out of patients and want a quick fix, then this might be for you. 2 spoons of Gram Flour, 1 spoon of Turmeric and Milk or Rose water to mix it and make it into a paste. Apply this paste liberally to your skin and wash it with water.
Why it works: Granular nature of Gram flour will act as exfoliating agent. Turmeric is a strong antiseptic agent and Milk will lock in the moisture leaving your skin soft and healthy.
- Honey and Ripe Papaya: Take a bowl of super ripe papaya and mash it well, to this add 1-2 tablespoons of Honey. Apply this paste to the affected area and you will see a noticeable result in a couple of days.
Why it works: Papaya has properties which make it a natural agent for skin whitening, tightening, and blemishes removal to name a few. Honey traps the moisture and keeps skin hydrated and soft.
- OatMeal and Honey: Take 2 -3 spoons of oatmeal and add 1 tablespoon of honey to it. Gently massage this paste in a circular motion on the affected area and wash it off with water.
Why it works: OatMeal acts as an exfoliating agent, removes dead skin.Honey is a natural humectant and traps and retains moisture leaving your skin soft and supple.
- Orange and Yogurt: Mix Orange juice and yogurt in 1-1 proportion. Apply this paste to the affected area, wash it off once it dries. Repeat the process every day for a couple of weeks for severe to mild sun tan.
Why it works: Orange juice has a pH in the range of 3.3 – 4.2.This acidic property of it makes it a high-quality organic bleaching agent. It is also a very rich source of vitamin C that helps in rejuvenating skin. Yogurt, as we already know, is a good moisturizer and Humectant. The combination will help quick tan removal and skin whitening.
- SandalWood Paste: Apply sandalwood paste to the affected area and leave it to dry for a couple of hours and wash it off.
Why it works: Sandalwood has immense skin benefits it is a natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, astringent, disinfectant and last but not least an emollient.
- Sugar and Agave: Take 2 -3 spoons of Sugar and add 1 tablespoon of Agave to it. Gently massage this paste in a circular motion on the affected area and wash it off with water.
Why it works: Sugar acts as a natural scrub, removing the dead skin and Agave acts as moisturizing agent.
- Pineapple and Honey: Mash Pineapple and add honey to it and well. Apply this paste on affected area and wash it after it dries out.
Why it works: Pineapple juice has a pH in the range of 3.5 – 5.2.Acidic property of it makes it a natural skin whitening agent. Honey, as we already know, is a good moisturizer and Humectant. The combination will help quick tan removal and skin whitening.
- Green Tea: With a cotton ball apply Gree tea to the affected area let is dry and then wash off with cool water.
Why it works: Green tea is not only good when consumed but it is an excellent antioxidants agent and helps in removal of skin tan, lightening of blemishes.This study shows why South Korean products are gaining popularity for skin whitening and anti-aging products.
These were my top 10 hacks for Used up Coffee Grounds! Here is what you might be interested in 10 Things You Didn’t Know About “Baking Soda”.