Fenugreek is one of my favorite veggie/herbs due to its unique taste and hidden medicinal value. There are so many goodnesses packed in these little seeds that I could have a full blog dedicated to these.
The peculiar thing that I love about fresh Fenugreek leaves is its sweet and bitterish taste. It really isn’t bitter but it has a unique flavor to it. when its fruit ripens it yields the seed. Seeds as such do not have much flavor to it but, if you break it then you get a strong nutty and bitter taste. If Fenugreek is not part of your diet, it’s never too late, get started with either one of the methods. learn more about Fenugreek seed benefits
- Fenugreek Capsules: Fenugreek capsules can take daily as a dietary supplement, but make sure that you consult your doctor to avoid overdose. Overdose can be dangerous and can reduce your sugar level by promoting production of insulin.
- Roasted powder: Dry roast Fenugreek seeds, let it cool down and then blend it and store them in a dry clean air tight container. You can store this powders for 1-2 month, you could keep it longer as well but it’s best when it is fresh. You can use a pinch of this powder in your daily cooking. You can add a pinch of this to make Fenugreek Tea
- Soaked Seeds: Soak a teaspoon of Fenugreek seeds overnight. First thing in the morning consume the seeds with the water they were soaked in. You could chew them too but it has a bitter taste which not everyone can handle.
Do not want to drink the water, rinse your hair with this water and let it sit for 3-4 hours and then rinse it off with cold water, Repeat this once every week, this will help in faster hair growth.
- Dry Fenugreek Seeds: Before sleeping, take a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and gulp them with lukewarm water. This will provide relieve you from bloating and constipation.
- Fenugreek Leaves: You could make veggies, Methi Pulao from fresh Fenugreek greens. Fresh Fenugreek leaves give a unique aroma when they cook.
- Fenugreek Sports: Soak a teaspoon of Fenugreek Seeds overnight, Drain the water in the morning and tie them in cheesecloth and hang it in an open dry place, keep sprinkling it with water every 5-6 hours within a day or so the seeds will sprout. These sprouts are a rich source of dietary fiber, Potassium, Iron, and Magnesium.Consume them empty stomach in the morning for maximum benefits.
- Fenugreek Tea: Fenugreek Tea helps relieve flatulence and bloating due to gas formation. It also provides relief in PMS symptoms, Body Ache and boosts general energy level.
- Add to Daily Food: Start with adding 5-6 seeds to your daily meal preparation. with that small amount, there is going to be no noticeable difference in the taste and at the same time, you get started as well. You could add it to vegetables, Soups, Broth, Stew, Roasted Chicken and much more.
- Boil Seeds in Water: In a pan take 1glass of water, add 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seed to it and let it simmer until the water reduced to half. let it cool and drink this water and eat the seeds. You could do this at any point in time of the day. Before meal is recommended for maximum absorption.
Check out this post for Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds.
So there are my top 10 hacks for Used tea bags! Want to graduate to next level? Here are How to lose weight without starving.
PS: This blog is only for informational purpose and it should not be taken as substitute to medical advice