Why Should you Exfoliate your Skin?
Skin is often the ignored largest organ of the body. It covers your entire body. Its thickness varies from 0.5mm on your eyelids to 4mm or more on the palms of your hands and the soles of your feet. In total, it accounts for about nearly 20 % of the body weight. There is non-stop work going underneath the skin that we can’t see with naked eyes, the body is constantly producing new cell and pushing the old cells to the top of the skin.
You should exfoliate your skin at least once a week so that you can prevent breakouts by opening the clogged pores and shedding out the dead skin which accumulates on top of your skin as a natural process. Exfoliation will reveal a more beaming, glowing layer of healthy skin below and this is what makes your skin look Flawless, Radiant and glowing.
Why Use Homemade Scrubs?
The market is flooded with various exfoliating products each claiming to be the best from other. They might be good, I am not denying their efficacy but before you go and spend your top dollar on those expensive Organic Beauty products, I would recommend that you try some of the homemade Scrubs which I will share later in this post and if you think you are not happy or satisfied with the results please do check them out, either ways exfoliation is more essential vs what products you use.
My top reasons why you should use Homemade exfoliating scrubs.
- Organic: If you are preparing it at home, for sure you can make it 100 % Organic and tweak it to your needs.
- You know the content of the scrubs: Most Important for me, Skin is the largest part of our body and is the most exposed part and should be taken utmost care, its a deal breaker for me if I know that contents of the product that I am exposing my skin to in nothing but some unpronounceable chemicals.
- Not subjecting your body to any extra chemicals: Even if the products say they are Organic they do add chemicals to increase the Shelf life of the product. Like it or not at the end of the day you end up being exposed to chemicals.
- It virtually free: You do not have to buy any extra product to make your scrub, you can use what you already have in your pantry and get a scrub for virtually free!!
- Make it When you Need it: If you go for store bought scrubs, to get a better deal you generally end up buying more than you need, you are just blocking your money and spending it in advance then you need to. This would not happen when you are making your own scrub at home.
Homemade scrub recipes